Question

I have to calculate moments for two way slab and the direct design methode is not...

I have to calculate moments for two way slab and the direct design methode is not applicable because the live load is too big so what to do do I need to use the equivalent frame methode but how or i need to calculate as a one way slab??

Homework Answers

Answer #1

Solution:

Equivalent frame methode is the most detailed procedure provided by the ACI 318 for the analysis and design of two-way slab systems where the structure is modeled by a series of equivalent frames.

In this method stiffness factors k, carry over factors COF, and fixed-end moment factors FEM for the slab-beams and column members are determined using the design aids tables in ACI 318-11.

Limitations

  • In equivalent frame methode, live load shall be arranged in various critical patterns for slab systems to be analyzed and designed for the most demanding set of forces.
  • Complete analysis needed including representative interior and exterior equivalent frames in both the longitudinal and transverse directions of the floor.
  • In this casePanels shall be rectangular.

One-Way Shear Strength

The design shear capacity of the concrete is given by-

  

Know the answer?
Your Answer:

Post as a guest

Your Name:

What's your source?

Earn Coins

Coins can be redeemed for fabulous gifts.

Not the answer you're looking for?
Ask your own homework help question
Similar Questions
Design a one-way floor slab to carry a uniform live load of 500 psf on a...
Design a one-way floor slab to carry a uniform live load of 500 psf on a simply supported span of 21 ft, given fc’=4000 psi and fy=50000 psi. Use the ACI 318 code. Keep the reinforcement ratio at about 30% of the amount of balanced strain condition so that deflection is unlikely to be excessive.
Design a simple-span one-way slab to carry a uniformly distributed live load of 450 psf. this...
Design a simple-span one-way slab to carry a uniformly distributed live load of 450 psf. this is the only load to be supported other than the self weight of the slab. the span is 7-ft, center-to-center of the supports. Assume f'c = 4000 psi, fy = 60000 psi. Design per foot of width.
i have to design an all bolted double angle and i have only pu. how can...
i have to design an all bolted double angle and i have only pu. how can i get the length L is it by assumption? and also i need to consider eccentricity and check the connection how do i do that i dont have eccentricity value so what are the steps for calculation?
i have 1052 data set i want to divide the data for validation into two groups...
i have 1052 data set i want to divide the data for validation into two groups 30% and 70 % in SPSS i asked the question before twice and you told me that to copy the 70 % then the remaining is 30 % i still can not do this because i have the 70 % from filter but i cant extract the remaining 30% ,what is the clear steps to divide into tow groups of data (the fast way...
Is there way i can calculate the probability how many people will get disease in a...
Is there way i can calculate the probability how many people will get disease in a house of 7 people and one of them has the disease already. so, total people in the house is: 7 total who got the disease is : 1 if there is a way please show the formula and calculate how many people will get the disease
I was given a case and I have to calculate the pro forma. I need to...
I was given a case and I have to calculate the pro forma. I need to find the assumptions, my question is how do I calculate the assumptions?
I have a question for my homework that says to react the following compounds with one...
I have a question for my homework that says to react the following compounds with one equivalent of NBS with CCl4, and that they give only one major product. Then we have to explain why we gave our answers. I think this was just an accident that my professor left it out of the question, but wouldn't the reaction with NBS and CCl4 also need heat or light and peroxides to work? I've done the questions as if they were...
How might one handle an increase in power dissipation using zeners? Design a power supply implementing...
How might one handle an increase in power dissipation using zeners? Design a power supply implementing these 1/2Watt zener diodes that can provide 250mW of power to a load from an input voltage ranging approximately 12-30 volts. Use standard resistor values. I need so much help on this please I don’t even know how to start.
I am working on my semester project for fundamentals on web design. I am stuck on...
I am working on my semester project for fundamentals on web design. I am stuck on the question. It says I need to use the drawing features of word processing program, a graphic application, or a paper and pencil to create a site map for your website that shows the hierarchy of pages and reltionships between the pages. So I am kinda of confused how to do to that
I need assistance with this question: A psychology professor is interested in whether implementing weekly quizzes...
I need assistance with this question: A psychology professor is interested in whether implementing weekly quizzes improves student learning. She decides to use the weekly quizzes in one section of her introductory psychology class and not use them in another section of the same course. Which type of quasi-experimental design do you recommend for this study? I understand that it should be the non-equivalent control group design, because the groups are not randomly assigned, and there is a treatment group...
ADVERTISEMENT
Need Online Homework Help?

Get Answers For Free
Most questions answered within 1 hours.

Ask a Question
ADVERTISEMENT