How old do you have to be to work in Canada?
Answer- In Canada the minimum age to work depends on the job and province.
1. In Alberta, children can work from the age of 12 only under specified conditions and in certain jobs such as delivery person or messenger in an office or clerk.
2. with the permission of the Director of Labour Standards in British Columbia, children can work before age 12, and standard age is 15 years.
3. In Manitoba 13 years is the minimum age to do job.
4. In New Brunswick 16 years is the minimum age to do job.
5. In Nova Scotia 16 years is the minimum age to do job.
6. In Ontario14 years is the minimum age to do job.
7., In Qubec person beow 14 years of age is not allowed to do job work without written consent of the gurdian or parent.
Get Answers For Free
Most questions answered within 1 hours.