1. Which of the following is not a component of the master budget?
A. Operating budget
B. Budgeted income statement
C. Budgeted balance sheet
D. Statement of return on investment
2. Which of the following types of standards can be achieved
only under perfect conditions?
A. Easily attainable standard
B. Ideal standard
C. Currently attainable standard
D. Tight but attainable standard
3. If a company is planning to build inventory,
A. production should exceed sales.
B. sales should exceed production.
C. production should equal sales.
D. production should equal inventory.
4. Which of the following is not a benefit of budgeting?
A. It forces managers to look to the future
B. It plays an important role in communication within the organization
C. It serves an important role in motivating and rewarding employees
D. It builds organizational slack
5. A master budget is an example of a
A. static budget.
B. flexible budget.
C. standard cost card.
D. volume variance.
6. Absorption Costing:
a. Capitalizes fixed overhead into manufacturing cost
b. Is not GAAP
c. Separates variable and fixed costs for evaluation purposes
d. Includes selling & administrative expenses in manufacturing costs
7. Which of the following is the second step of the budgeting cycle?
8. Within the cash budget, if budgeted receipts are less than budgeted disbursements, the company should then plan to:
A. Borrow to cover to shortfall
B. Increase the selling price of goods
C. Reduce projected expenditures.
D. All of the above.
9. Ideal Standards are:
A. motivating to employees
B. the best way to achieve goals
C. discouraging to employees
D. always used in the budgeting process
10. The variable costing income statement is:
A. used to report to shareholders
B. used for internal planning purposes only
C. used to obtain financing from a bank
D. irrelevant to decision making
11. A problem with participative budgeting is:
A. employees may build in organizational slack
B. employees may not be motivated to achieve desired results
C. the company may not be much better off
D. all of the above
12. Which of the following would be an example of a rolling budget for the month beginning April 1, 2014?
a. April 2014-March 2015
b. January 2014-December 2015
c. April 2014
d. March 2015
|Question 1||D. Statement of return on investment|
|Question 2||B. Ideal Standard|
|Question 3||A. production should exceed sales|
|Question 4||D. It builds organizational slack|
|Question 5||A. static budget|
|Question 6||a. Capitalizes fixed overhead into manufacturing cost|
|Question 7||C. Organizing|
|Question 8||D.All of the above|
|Question 9||D. always used in the budgeting process|
|Question 10||B. used for internal planning purposes only|
|Question 11||A.employees may build in organizational slack|
|Question 12||a. April 2014-March 2015|
Get Answers For Free
Most questions answered within 1 hours.