Ask Question and Get Free Answers - JUST Ask And Answer > QA > Travel > In Africa & Middle East
The ancestors of 90% of all Jews in Israel today come from the Khazar's, a European tribe. Is this true?

Answers:1   |   LastAnswerAt:2011.05  

Question
visitor
Roy Borrill 
Asked at 2011.05.09 23:38:10
The Khazar, where a tribe of people from southern Russia, of Turkish decent who converted to Judaism in the 8th century and which represent 90% of the Jews living in Israel today. They are better known as Ashkenazi Jews. The other 10% being Sephardic Jews who are of Arabic decent. Although many Jewish historians and scholars accept this as fact and it has been widely written about, many Jewish people find it a contentious subject, as they feel it takes away from their claim that Israel belongs to them, and has done for thousands of years. If they come from European stock then they feel this devalues their ancient claim to that land. I have no opinion on the matter, one way or the other, but am interested in what other people have to say about it. What is your view on this subject?
answer антитеÑ₠ Answered at 2011.05.09 23:38:10
Jews say not, but it is a fact that the Khazar's did exist and did convert to Judaism so did become Jews. What became of them? Maybe they got "lost" like the majority (10 Tribes) of the jews. I don't see any problem with being part Khazarian, unless you are a racist bigot that is. As for your point about "it takes away from their claim that Israel belongs to them, and has done for thousands of years" I think that most Jews would have to admit a lot of their genetics are from other races as they have been interbreeding for a lot of that time. There are even black Jews. I doubt very much there is a genetically pure Jew in the whole world. This racial purity buisiness smacks of Hitler's way of thinking to my mind.
1
  • Answer This Question:The ancestors of 90% of all Jews in Israel today come from the Khazar's, a European tribe. Is this true? 

  • insert image

    image url:

    such as: http://www.justaaa.com/**/**.jpg

    insert video

    vedio url: