In your own words, tell me the difference between using the z test and the t test for testing the difference between 2 means.
1. Z-test is a statistical hypothesis test that follows a normal
distribution while T-test follows a Student’s T-distribution.
2. A T-test is appropriate when you are handling small samples (n < 30) while a Z-test is appropriate when you are handling moderate to large samples (n > 30).
3. T-test is more adaptable than Z-test since Z-test will often require certain conditions to be reliable. Additionally, T-test has many methods that will suit any need.
4. T-tests are more commonly used than Z-tests.
5. Z-tests are preferred than T-tests when standard deviations are known.
Get Answers For Free
Most questions answered within 1 hours.