Using the 6 steps to hypothesis testing, Conduct a Z test to
determine if The dosage of Ritalin has an effect on attention
- IV = Ritalin (10mgs vs 20mgs)
- DV = Attention span (measured in minutes)
- Given the harmful side effects conduct a Z-test at the p=.01
- Mean for 10 milligram group = 12.3 minutes, Mean for 20
milligram group =13.3 minutes
- Standard error of the difference is = .6 minutes
- Write out Null and Research Hypotheses
- Use the Z test
- Significance level is p= .01 Determine the critical cutoff
- Calculate the Z value.
- Make a decision about Null Hypothesis: Reject or Accept
- Interpret your results.
Lastly, based on your decisions, which type of error might you