Question

Find a 90% confidence interval for a population mean ? for these values. (Round your answers...

Find a 90% confidence interval for a population mean ? for these values. (Round your answers to three decimal places.)

(a)

n = 145, x = 0.88, s2 = 0.084

to

(b)

n = 70, x = 25.6, s2 = 3.49

to

(c)

Interpret the intervals found in part (a) and part (b).

There is a 10% chance that an individual sample proportion will fall within the interval.There is a 90% chance that an individual sample proportion will fall within the interval.    90% of all values will fall within the interval.In repeated sampling, 90% of all intervals constructed in this manner will enclose the population mean.In repeated sampling, 10% of all intervals constructed in this manner will enclose the population proportion.

Homework Answers

Answer #1

Here we apply t test for finding Confidence Interval because population standard deviation is unknown.

a) 90% Confidence Interval

Degrees of freedom (df) = n-1 = 145-1 = 144

= (0.840, 0.920)

b) 90% Confidence Interval

Degrees of Freedom (df) = n-1 = 70-1 = 69

=( 25.228, 25.972)

c) Interpretation : .In repeated sampling, 90% of all intervals constructed in this manner will enclose the population mean

Know the answer?
Your Answer:

Post as a guest

Your Name:

What's your source?

Earn Coins

Coins can be redeemed for fabulous gifts.

Not the answer you're looking for?
Ask your own homework help question
Similar Questions
Find a 90% confidence interval for a population mean ? for these values. (Round your answers...
Find a 90% confidence interval for a population mean ? for these values. (Round your answers to three decimal places.) (a) n = 130, x = 0.85, s2 = 0.084 to (b) n = 40, x = 20.1, s2 = 3.86 to (c) Interpret the intervals found in part (a) and part (b). There is a 10% chance that an individual sample proportion will fall within the interval.In repeated sampling, 10% of all intervals constructed in this manner will enclose...
A random sample of n = 300 observations from a binomial population produced x = 223...
A random sample of n = 300 observations from a binomial population produced x = 223 successes. Find a 90% confidence interval for p. (Round your answers to three decimal places.) to Interpret the interval. In repeated sampling, 10% of all intervals constructed in this manner will enclose the population proportion.There is a 90% chance that an individual sample proportion will fall within the interval.    In repeated sampling, 90% of all intervals constructed in this manner will enclose the population proportion.There...
Acid rain, caused by the reaction of certain air pollutants with rainwater, is a growing problem...
Acid rain, caused by the reaction of certain air pollutants with rainwater, is a growing problem in the United States. Pure rain falling through clean air registers a pH value of 5.7 (pH is a measure of acidity: 0 is acid; 14 is alkaline). Suppose water samples from 90 rainfalls are analyzed for pH, and x and s are equal to 3.9 and 0.8, respectively. Find a 99% confidence interval for the mean pH in rainfall. (Round your answers to...
Acid rain, caused by the reaction of certain air pollutants with rainwater, is a growing problem...
Acid rain, caused by the reaction of certain air pollutants with rainwater, is a growing problem in the United States. Pure rain falling through clean air registers a pH value of 5.7 (pH is a measure of acidity: 0 is acid; 14 is alkaline). Suppose water samples from 80 rainfalls are analyzed for pH, and x and s are equal to 3.1 and 0.4, respectively. Find a 99% confidence interval for the mean pH in rainfall. (Round your answers to...
Find a 90% confidence interval for a population mean μ for these values. (Round your answers...
Find a 90% confidence interval for a population mean μ for these values. (Round your answers to three decimal places.) (a)n = 130, x = 0.82, s2 = 0.085 ______ to _______ (b)n = 40, x = 22.7, s2 = 3.19 _______ to _______
Construct the confidence interval for the population variance for the given values. Round your answers to...
Construct the confidence interval for the population variance for the given values. Round your answers to one decimal place. n=12, s2=12.8, and c=0.95
Construct the confidence interval for the population variance for the given values. Round your answers to...
Construct the confidence interval for the population variance for the given values. Round your answers to one decimal place. n=5, s2=21.2, and c=0.98
1 - Which of the following statements is true regarding a 95% confidence interval? Assume numerous...
1 - Which of the following statements is true regarding a 95% confidence interval? Assume numerous large samples are taken from the population. a. In 95% of all samples, the sample proportion will fall within 2 standard deviations of the mean, which is the true proportion for the population. b. In 95% of all samples, the true proportion will fall within 2 standard deviations of the sample proportion. c. If we add and subtract 2 standard deviations to/from the sample...
A student was asked to find a 90% confidence interval for the proportion of students who...
A student was asked to find a 90% confidence interval for the proportion of students who take notes using data from a random sample of size n = 88. Which of the following is a correct interpretation of the interval 0.1 < p < 0.3? Check all that are correct. The proprtion of all students who take notes is between 0.1 and 0.3, 90% of the time. There is a 90% chance that the proportion of notetakers in a sample...
A student was asked to find a 90% confidence interval for the proportion of students who...
A student was asked to find a 90% confidence interval for the proportion of students who take notes using data from a random sample of size n = 84. Which of the following is a correct interpretation of the interval 0.1 < p < 0.31? Check all that are correct. With 90% confidence, a randomly selected student takes notes in a proportion of their classes that is between 0.1 and 0.31. There is a 90% chance that the proportion of...
ADVERTISEMENT
Need Online Homework Help?

Get Answers For Free
Most questions answered within 1 hours.

Ask a Question
ADVERTISEMENT