1. Using the two-way mixed ANOVA, different participants are observed at each level of the between-subjects factor, and the same participants are observed across the levels of the within-subjects factor. TRUE OR FALSE
2. A researcher computes two 2 × 2 between-subjects ANOVAs. In Study 1, he observes 8 participants in each cell; in Study 2, he observes 12 participants in each cell. Which study is associated with a larger value for degrees of freedom for the A × B interaction?
a. Study 1
b. Study 2
c. Both studies have the same degrees of freedom for the A × B interaction.
3. The following APA summary of a significant main effect is correctly stated: “The main effect of comprehension level was significant, F(2, 30) = 3.07, p < .05 ( R 2 = .18). TRUE OR FALSE
4. When the same participants are observed in each cell or group, we use the two-way between-subjects ANOVA to analyze the data. TRUE OR FALSE
In a two way mixed anova, participants are randomly allotted to each treatment and hence there are different participants at each level of between subjects factor but same participants are observed across the levels of the within-subject factors.
2. C) Interaction term has the degrees of freedom as (r-1)*(c-1) where r and c are the levels in each factor. Hence, it will be same in both the studies
3. FALSE It does not tell us the effect on which dependent variable in the APA summary
4. FALSE Between-subjects should have different participants and not the same because it tests the difference in means between different groups.
Get Answers For Free
Most questions answered within 1 hours.