1. What were the contributions of Leucippus?
2. Summarize the philosophical idea of Democritus?
3. Who was Protagoras and how did he see his role in Greek Society? What was the one word that defines him?
4 On the Temple of Apollo at Delphi is an inscription stating: "Know thyself" what do you think they meant by this states?
1) Contributions of Leucippus was the theory of atomism in the greek civilization.
2) With the help of his teacher Leucippus, he developed philosophical theory of atomism at the time of Aristotle, and beleived in the theory of cheerfullness. Further he developed a system of materialist account of the world.
3) Protagoras was a greek philosopher and he worked as one of the professional sophists as marked by Plato.
4) Know thyself as meant by them is understanding ownself to understand the nature of human being and the society.
Get Answers For Free
Most questions answered within 1 hours.