Question

3. Briefly describe the perceptual principles that we tend to follow in grouping elements together to...

3.

Briefly describe the perceptual principles that we tend to follow in grouping elements together to arrive at the perception of shapes, forms, and figures. Include a discussion of the figure-ground relationship in your answer.

Homework Answers

Answer #1

3.

The perceptual principles that we tend to follow in grouping elements together to arrive at the perception of shapes, forms, and figures are the Gestalt principles of grouping; that are of four types: similarity, proximity, continuity, and closure.

Similarity refers to our tendency to group things together when we find them alike i.e. similar to each other.

The next is proximity based on which things are grouped together based on how close they are to each other or their proximity to one another.

Continuity; when things form some type of continuous pattern; we develop our tendency to see patterns and therefore perceive things as belonging together.

Finally, closure is the tendency of completing familiar objects that have gaps in them. Thus even at first glance, we can easily perceive a circle and a square.

Know the answer?
Your Answer:

Post as a guest

Your Name:

What's your source?

Earn Coins

Coins can be redeemed for fabulous gifts.

Not the answer you're looking for?
Ask your own homework help question
Similar Questions
The assignment summary sheets will be submitted week 14 with Test 3. You are to personally...
The assignment summary sheets will be submitted week 14 with Test 3. You are to personally experience the power and satisfaction of developing these skills firsthand and to reflect and write about this experience. Over the years, many students have shared amazingly rewarding experiences as they worked on these skills. The assignment will be evaluated and be weighted as 5% of your final mark (together, they are worth 20% of your mark for Test 3, which is worth 25% of...
What are 4 key things you learned about the topic from reading their paper? How does...
What are 4 key things you learned about the topic from reading their paper? How does the topic relate to you and your current or past job? Critique the paper in terms of the organization and quality. Team 3 answer questions above. Part I In today’s world we see fear among people when dealing with sexual harassment. This leads to people not reporting sexual harassment. A misconception about sexual harassment is that it’s only about touching and forcing other people...
QUESTION 1 1. Brianna is trying to increase her chances of being promoted to vice president...
QUESTION 1 1. Brianna is trying to increase her chances of being promoted to vice president by working to build good work relationships with other managers outside her own department. Brianna's behavior should be viewed as dysfunctional politics. functional politics. coercive power. functional influence. 2 points QUESTION 2 1. The Gingerbread Factory has a separate unit that makes their chocolate crunch cookies and another unit that is completely responsible for all operations in producing their ginger snap cookies. The Gingerbread...
Please answer the following Case analysis questions 1-How is New Balance performing compared to its primary...
Please answer the following Case analysis questions 1-How is New Balance performing compared to its primary rivals? How will the acquisition of Reebok by Adidas impact the structure of the athletic shoe industry? Is this likely to be favorable or unfavorable for New Balance? 2- What issues does New Balance management need to address? 3-What recommendations would you make to New Balance Management? What does New Balance need to do to continue to be successful? Should management continue to invest...
Please read the article and answear about questions. Determining the Value of the Business After you...
Please read the article and answear about questions. Determining the Value of the Business After you have completed a thorough and exacting investigation, you need to analyze all the infor- mation you have gathered. This is the time to consult with your business, financial, and legal advis- ers to arrive at an estimate of the value of the business. Outside advisers are impartial and are more likely to see the bad things about the business than are you. You should...
ADVERTISEMENT
Need Online Homework Help?

Get Answers For Free
Most questions answered within 1 hours.

Ask a Question
ADVERTISEMENT