Define each of these:
Answer these in detail:
1) What is the difference between an Ingroup and an Outgroup? Give an example.
2) Explain Stereotype Threat. Give an example.
3) Discuss the 3 components of prejudice. Give examples.
4) How are personal, institutional and cultural discrimination different? Give 3 examples of each.
5) What is the Melting Pot Ideal and why has it been replaced by the Multicultural Ideal. Explain in detail.
1. A stereotype is any thought which is widely adopted by specific types of individuals or certain ways of behaving intended to represent the entire group of those individuals or behaviors as a whole.
2. Social Categorization is defined as the process of classifying people into groups based on similar characteristics, whether it be nationality, age, occupation, diagnosis, or some other trait.
3. Race is defined as a socially constructed system of classifying individuals according to phenotypical characteristics that are genetically determined.
4. Ethnicity is defined as a combination of physical attributes and cultural traits. It is a broad and important part of overall identity development.
5. Diversity is defined as the understanding that each individual is unique, and recognizing our individual differences.
Get Answers For Free
Most questions answered within 1 hours.