Answer the following question for any pilgrimage of your choice
1) What is name of your pilgrimage site?
2) Where is located?
3) Can you make a pilgrimage at any time or does it need to be on a certain day to coincide with a celebration/ceremony/time of year?
4) Can you visit alone or must you be with a group?
5) Do you know anyone that has been to this place?
6) If so, asked them for five things you should know about planning your pilgrimage and include those in at least five sentences here:
7) Identify internet sites that will help you plan your trip. Include at least three links and a one sentence description of the each link that will help you plan your trip. It may even be the official web-site for the actual pilgrimage site or the tourism office for that area. It may be helpful to Google “Pilgrimage to ____ “ or “Virtual Pilgrimage to ___.”
List the url’s and one sentence description for each:
Now begin the planning your trip using internet resources.
8) When will you go?
9) How long will you stay?
10) What physical, mental, spiritual preparation is needed?
11) What language will be spoken?
12) Will you need to take language lessons?
13) Where would you take them and how much will the lessons cost?
14) Will you need to hire a local guide or interpreter?
15) How much will the guide cost?
16) Will you go alone or part of a pilgrimage group?
17) How long will the travel take?
18 How much will the travel cost?
19) Where will you stay?
20) How much will it cost?
21) Where will you eat?
22) How much money will you need for food?
23) Other expenses?
24) How many other people do you expect to encounter at the pilgrimage site and what do you expect them to be doing?
25) What do you want to see at the site?
26) Describe any saints, deities or representations of these that you expect to see?
27) How are these revered by the pilgrims?
28) Describe anything you plan to do to revere the deity:
29) How do you think the site will smell?
30) Describe the sounds you expect to hear:
31) Describe any music you expect to hear:
32) Describe any chanting you expect to hear:
33) Describe any prayers you expect to hear
34) What languages do you expect to hear?
35) Do you have something special that you want to say or do when you are at the site?
36) Search for information and pictures of past pilgrimages at this site. Then,
List at least three links and give one sentence description of each site:
37) Do you need special clothes?
38) What kind?
39) Where would you obtain them?
40) How much will this cost?
41) Describe any special physical preparation that you need?
42) List any inoculations you need to receive for travel to that area.
43) What do you project is the total cost of your entire pilgrimage including transportation (airfare and/or local), living accommodations, food, guides etc.
44) Do you plan to take anything to leave at the site?
45) What things do you plan to take from the site?
46) What do you plan to bring back as souvenirs from your pilgrimage?
47) What do you plan to do at the site?
48) What effect do you expect from the pilgrimage? (For example, healing, encounter with the divine, connection to the past, fulfill a religious duty etc.)
49) List any concerns or fears that you have about the pilgrimage
Describe how you observed the following aspects in your pilgrimage:
50) What was sacred at the site?
51) Describe rituals that are performed at the site
52) Describe any acts of purification
53) What symbols will you see?
54) Describe the stories/history associated with this site (five to ten sentences)
55) Describe if any sacred text(s) are involved.
56) What photographs do you want to bring back?
57) What photographs do you want taken of you at the site?
59) Doing what?
60) List three things you learned from this virtual pilgrimage assignment (three to four full sentences)
61) List any unexpected discoveries:
1) What is name of your pilgrimage site? Venice - where the shrine of Saint Mark is present
2) Where is located? Venice
3) Can you make a pilgrimage at any time or does it need to be on a certain day to coincide with a celebration/ceremony/time of year?: yes, a pilgrimage can be done if a person wills to do it, rather than only waiting for an occasion.
4) Can you visit alone or must you be with a group? Depends on the preferences of a person. A group visit would be a better option.
5) Do you know anyone that has been to this place? No
6) If so, asked them for five things you should know about planning your pilgrimage and include those in at least five sentences here: Not available
Get Answers For Free
Most questions answered within 1 hours.