A block with mass m = 6.3 kg is attached to two springs with spring constants kleft = 32 N/m and kright = 51 N/m. The block is pulled a distance x = 0.22 m to the left of its equilibrium position and released from rest.
1. Where is the block located, relative to equilibrium, at a time 1.07 s after it is released? (if the block is left of equilibrium give the answer as a negative value; if the block is right of equilibrium give the answer as a positive value)
2. What is the net force on the block at this time 1.07 s? (a negative force is to the left; a positive force is to the right)
3. What is the total energy stored in the system?
4. If the block had been given an initial push, how would the period of oscillation change?
- the period would increase
- the period would decrease
- the period would not change
Get Answers For Free
Most questions answered within 1 hours.