1. Find the capacitance of a parallel plate capacitor having plates of area 3 m2 that are separated by 0.08 mm of Teflon. Give answer in terms of 10-7 F.
2. What is the average power output of a heart defibrillator that dissipates 472 J of energy in 7 ms? Give answer in terms of 104 W.
3. What is the strength of the electric field between two parallel conducting plates separated by 1 cm and having a potential difference (voltage) between them of 2.45 ×104 V ? Give answer in terms of 106 V/m.
4. A doubly charged ion is accelerated to an energy of 22 keV by the electric field between two parallel conducting plates separated by 9 cm. What is the electric field strength between the plates? Give answer in terms of 105 V/m.
5. An electron is to be accelerated in a uniform electric field having a strength of 4 ×106 V/m . What energy in keV is given to the electron if it is accelerated through 0.1 m?
Get Answers For Free
Most questions answered within 1 hours.