True ? False?
• The temperature of a phase transition generally depends on
• There are no conditions at which a two-component system will have 4 of its phases in equilibrium with each other.
• When nA molesofaliquidsubstancewithpartialmolarvolume ¯ VA isaddedtoalargeamount of solvent the total volume of the mixture is generally increased by ∆V = nA ¯ VA.
• Thechemicalpotentialsofthecomponentsinamixturedefinehowtheinternalenergychanges upon changing the composition of the system at constant volume and entropy.
• The change in entropy of a closed system is the same for every process between two specified equilibrium states.
• A closed system can experience a decrease in entropy only when there is heat transfer from the system to its surroundings during the process.
• Partial volume is an extensive property.
Get Answers For Free
Most questions answered within 1 hours.