The block of M=5kg, modeled as a particle, rests on the inclined surface that makes an angle of θ with the horizontal ground. The static friction coefficient between the block and the surface is μs=1/3. A force of P is horizontally applied on the block. Take g=10m/s/s for convenience.
1. Draw a free body diagram.
2. Write each force expressed in cartesian vector form.
3. Write down scalar compontent form of equilibrium equations in x and y direction.
4. Find value of p such that the static friction is 0.
5. Find the range of P needed to keep the block at rest.
Get Answers For Free
Most questions answered within 1 hours.