1. Light traveling in air (index of refraction 1.00) falls onto a thin plastic film (index of refraction 1.30) of unknown thickness that covers glass (index of refraction 1.50). What minimum non-zero thickness is needed such that wavelengths of 650 nm in air are bright in the reflection?
2. You observe two point sources of light that are spaced 10 cm apart which are each emitting light of wavelength of 590 nm. If the diameter of your pupil is 2 mm, how distant can the objects be from your eye for you to just barely resolve them?
3. Light of wavelength 680 nm is incident on a double slit of unknown separation. An interference pattern is observed on a screen 7.5 m away from the double slit. If the second-order maximum is located a distance of 45 cm from the central maximum, determine the slit separation.
4. An object 2.5 cm tall is placed 10 cm in front of a convex lens whose focal length is 3 cm. Determine the height and orientation of the image.
5. A ray traveling in air (index of refraction of 1.00) is incident on a piece of glass (index of refraction of 1.50). If the angle of incidence is 30 degrees, determine the angle of refraction.
Get Answers For Free
Most questions answered within 1 hours.