1. Gilsonite is a brand name, what is the chemical name for Gilsonite
2. What is the composition of Gilsonite?
3. What the safety protocol for Gilsonite miners?
4. Name the industries that use Gilsonite?
5. Once the Gilsonite is mined, list the operations that follow Midstream and Downstream?
1. Gilsonite is a naturally occurring hydrocarbon. It is also known as "uintahite", "asphaltum" or asphaltite which is a form of asphalt.
2. Gilsonite is a resemble of asphalt. It is mainly composition of sulphur, phosphorus, carbon, nitrogen and some volatile materials.
3. Gilsonite is found below the earth's surface in vertical veins or seams that are generally between two and six feet in width. Gilsonite is mined in underground shafts and resembles shiny black obsidian. The vein will show up on the surface as a thin outcropping and gradually widen as it goes deeper. Due to the narrow mining face, Gilsonite is mined today.
4. Gilsonite used by different industries in different way, it is uses in ink, painting, drilling, coating etc. RAHA group of industries used Gilsonite.
Get Answers For Free
Most questions answered within 1 hours.