A. is the only form of mass selling.
B. is also called "sales promotion."
C. is concerned with "promotion" using samples, coupons, and contests.
D. involves direct spoken communication between sellers and potential customers.
E. is any paid form of nonpersonal presentation of ideas, goods, or services by an identified sponsor.
A. is generally less useful than advertising for promoting a truly new product.
B. is mass selling that avoids paying media costs.
C. is any paid form of nonpersonal presentation of ideas, goods, or services by an identified sponsor.
D. is more expensive than all other promotion methods.
E. None of these alternatives for "publicity" is true.
32. To encourage potential buyers to purchase a ticket to its upcoming concert, a rock band posts a YouTube video of an earlier performance on Facebook and on the website of its next performance. This is an example of:
A. single-customer marketing.
D. personal selling.
E. sales promotion.
33. Sales promotion can be aimed at:
B. a company's own sales force.
C. final consumers or users.
D. Any or all of these is correct.
34. Point-of-purchase materials, coupons, trade shows, calendars, merchandising aids, and sales training materials are all examples of:
C. mass selling.
D. sales promotion.
E. personal selling.
35. Which of the following is NOT an example of sales promotion?
A. A contest to motivate a company's own sales force
B. Point-of-purchase displays at the checkout counters of a retail store
C. Price-off coupons distributed to consumers' homes
D. A trade show for wholesalers
E. All of these are examples of sales promotion.
36. Determining the blend of promotion methods is a strategy decision which is the responsibility of the
A. brand ambassador.
B. finance manager.
C. personnel manager.
D. marketing manager.
E. recruitment manager.
37. Blending the firm's promotion efforts to convey a complete and consistent message is the goal of:
A. sales management communications.
B. sales promotion communications.
C. integrated promotional marketing.
D. integrated marketing communications.
E. integrated sales promotion.
38. Which of the following is NOT one of the basic promotion objectives discussed in the text?
A. to inform
B. to remind
C. to manipulate
D. to persuade
E. All of these are promotion objectives.
39. What basic promotion objective should be emphasized by a producer introducing a really new product which satisfies customer needs better than any existing product?
Answer 30: Option E
Explanation: Advertising is any paid form of non-personal presentation of ideas, goods, or services by an identified sponsor.
Answer 31: Option E
Explanation: Publicity can be cheaper than other methods, is equally useful than advertising and is a form of mass selling but does not avoids costs every time.
Answer 32: Option B
Explanation: The band is advertising through its last performance and seeking an audience for next performance.
Answer 33: Option D
Explanation: Sales promotions can be aimed at intermediaries, final users, and internal employees.
Get Answers For Free
Most questions answered within 1 hours.