If given the chance, I would join a union and there are a number of reasons for that:
1. It provides security in terms of compensation and better working conditions for all the workers.
2. Union provides safety in numbers, a concept which can help in the negotiation of situations since an employer would not want to indulge in mass layoffs in order to stay functional.
3. Wages can be negotiated which means that there is a potential benefit when it comes to getting higher wages. Even then, we still have the guarantee of equal wages as prevalent in the market.
Disadvantages of joining a union come in the form of:
1. Promotions being withheld due to us being in a union, which might end up being a deciding factor.
2. A member of the union has to agree to every decision that is made even when not in agreement to it.
Get Answers For Free
Most questions answered within 1 hours.