1. A company is in tumult. People are getting laid off left and right. One thing after another continues to hit the company and no attempt to fix the dour situation has worked. George ranks high on neuroticism. Elaine is a type A personality who occasionally gets very pushy with her co-workers. Vincent has an internal locus of control and Barbara ranks high on extraversion. Who is MOST LIKELY to feel the least amount of stress?
2. A doctor is asked to improve her relationship with her patients. She usually has little time to spend with them due to other obligations of her job. She is also expected to take on more patients because another doctor is taking an extended leave. She will most MOST LIKELY feel ________.
a. role ambiguity
b. role confilct
3. All of the following are approaches managers and organizations can take to ensure group and organizational-level stressors do not get out of hand EXCEPT ________.
a. train work group members to work together
b. ensure employees have comfortable working conditions
c. ensure organizations are not exposed to any unnecessary riks
d. shield employees from bad news such as mergers
4. Employees who are high on ________ are the MOST LIKELY to view changes at work as potential threats and doubt their abilities to deal with them.
c. locus of control
5. Psychological consequences of stress include all of the following EXCEPT ________.
b. negative attitudes
c. heart palpitations
d. stressful feelings and emotions
6. Which of the following is NOT a problem-focused stress coping strategy for individuals?
a. role negotiation
b. time management
c. getting help from a mentor
d. clinical counseling
The answer is B, Vincent.
Vincent is likely to feel the least amount of stress because a person who has an internal locus of control believes that events in the life derived primarily because of their own actions and it can be adjusted accordingly.
The correct answer is C, overload.
If one doctor takes the responsibility of the Other doctor and sees more patient this is overload.
The correct answer is B, Shield employees from bad news such as mergers.
Most of the companies go ahead with mergers and they do not protect their employees from such kind of news because if the employees are well aware of it they are already prepaid for it and work accordingly.
The correct answer is neuroticism.
Any employee who is high on neuroticism is likely to view the change as potential threat because in this situation he is more likely then average to experience feeling such as worry, fear, anger, anxiety etc
Please up vote
Please note that due to limited time and maintaining the answer quality I have answered 4 parts of the questions you can post the remaining questions again in order to get the answer.
Get Answers For Free
Most questions answered within 1 hours.