how to enhance health & safety performance? Relate to relevant elements of safety & health management system.
In order to enhance health and safety performance development the elements of Health and safety system which must be followed are-
1. Policy and commitment-the workplace should prepare an occupational safety and health policy program in order to ensure the preparation of safety statement required by the the health and welfare work Act 2005.
2. Planning-The workplace should make an plan in order to fulfill its safety and health policy as set out in the safety statement. An effective management structure should be put in place for delivering the relevant policy.
3. Implementation and operation- in order to implement the organization must develop capability and support mechanism to achieve the safety and health policy. The staff members must be e motivated and empowered for the work safety in order to protect their long-term health and avoid accident.
4. Measuring performance- the organization should measure monitor and evaluate health and safety performance against the agreed standards to find out the improvement needed. The self monitoring system is functioning and it looks at both individual behavior and team performance.
5. Auditing and reviewing the performance- the organization should review and improve the safety and health management system regularly in order to ensure your overall safety and health performance of the employees. There should be a systematic review of the performance based on data and also regular independent audit must be held in order to ensure safety and healthy management system.
Please up vote this answer.
Get Answers For Free
Most questions answered within 1 hours.