What are some programs or strategies that can be created to improve the cultural competence in a health system?
Ans) Cultural competence in healthcare refers to the ability for healthcare professionals to demonstrate cultural competence toward patients with diverse values, beliefs, and feelings.
CULTURE COMPETENCE IN HEALTH CARE:
- Provide interpreter services.
- Recruit and retain minority staff.
- Provide training to increase cultural awareness, knowledge, and skills.
- Coordinate with traditional healers.
- Use community health workers.
- Incorporate culture attitude and values into health promotion tools.
• Ways to Improve Cultural Competence in Nursing Care:
- Perform a cultural competence self-assessment.
- Obtain a certificate in cultural competence.
- Improve communication and language barriers.
- Directly engage in cross-cultural interactions with patients.
- Participate in online chats and networks.
Get Answers For Free
Most questions answered within 1 hours.