GI, Nervous and GU system discussion
1. How do you code for ERCPs? explain in detail, give an example.
2. When do you use a mesh when coding a hernia repair? Explain and give an example
3. Explain the endoscopic procedures that can be performed in the GU system.
1) ERCP with stenting procedures with endoscopic retrograde insertion of tube or stent into bile or pancreatic duct- 43268
43269 - ERCP with endoscopic retrograde removal of foreign body or change of stent/tubes
2) you can only charge for implantation of mesh for ventral and incisional hernias.
Laparoscopic surgical repair ventral, spigelian, and epigastric hernia ( including mesh insertion , when performed), reducible - 49652
Laparoscopic surgical repair ventral, spigelian and epigastric hernia ( including mesh insertion) incarcerated or strangulated - 49653
3) upper GI endoscopy ( EGD)- examination of oesophagus,
Stomach and upper small bowel called duodenum
Colonoscopy- examination of colon and large bowel
Get Answers For Free
Most questions answered within 1 hours.