You have a patient with prostate cancer. The cancer causes blood vessels to weaken and burst. The patient has a dangerously low Ht and needs a blood transfusion. When you test his blood for type, here are the results: Anti-A- agglutination, Anti-B- agglutination, Anti-Rh- no reaction.
1. List all blood types he can receive.
When you enthusiastically suggest that blood transfusions will help him, he protests that his religious beliefs disallow him from accepting transfusions. You will need to find a way to help his own body both retain the blood he has, and make new blood.
2. Based only on what we've learned so far re: blood and endocrine, come up with hypotheses about how you could do each.
3. Propose a mechanism of how EPO might work: what cells might it target, would it enter them, and what sorts of proteins might it activate?
4. There is a drug called aminocaproic acid that prevents fibrinolysis. Why would this help? Propose a mechanism for how it might work.
5. Where is EPO made?
6. EPO secretion increases when blood O2 levels decline. Do you think the patient's own production of EPO is higher or lower than normal, given his blood loss? Explain.
1_blood group O + and O- is given.2 when blood loss incrised angiotensin level it's contract blood vessels and increase blood pressure .and increase absorption of sodium and water by kidney.3_ EPO is work in erythroid proginatar cells and stop apoptosis of erythroid cell . 4_amino caproic acid is stop to fibrinolysis help because it stop bleeding at the site of bursting blood vessels by maintain Blood clot.5_ EPO made in kidney 6 in his patients EPo level is Increase because blood loss occur so compancete of blood is occur
Get Answers For Free
Most questions answered within 1 hours.