(via Sterile Processing for Pharmacy Technicians (0th Edition) )
Duties of compounding or IV tech:
1. IV technician should prepare sterile compounding medication.
2. IV technician administers IV medication in the clinical room or pharmacy.
3. They are also supposed to fill the prescription accurately or are responsible for preparing prescription.
4. There are also responsible for entering the computer data following the standard procedure.
5. There are also responsible for communicating to the pharmacist with any concerns regarding operation.
6. There are also supposed clean and maintain the sterile compounding room as per the guidelines.
7. There are also supposed to answer the phones and stock the areas in IV department as directed by supervisor.
Get Answers For Free
Most questions answered within 1 hours.