81. In comparison to boys, the "growth spurt" or peak growth velocity that occurs during the pubertal development happens ___________ for girls .
a. earlier c. later
b. at the same time d. much later
82. In assessing appropriate growth in adolescence, it is more important to consider ________________ rather than _______________.
a. sexual maturity, chronological age
b. chronological age, sexual maturity
c. body weight, chronological age
d. chronological age, body weight
84. Nutritional counseling for adolescents should
a. be restricted to individuals who have reached adult height
b. involve only adolescents who are sexually mature
c. require sophisticated skills
d. not involve the parents
81) The correct answer is option A that is earlier because in girls growth spurt is started at the age 10 where they reach their maximum height. So by the time they reach puberty they have reached their maximum height. That is why girls of age 11 or 12 are greater in height than the boys of the same age.
12) The correct answer is option A that is sexual maturity than chronological age because sexual maturity depend upon growth and hormones. Age is just a number, you can't predict certain information from that.
84) The correct answer is option B that is involve only adolescent who are sexually mature.
Get Answers For Free
Most questions answered within 1 hours.