Explain in a short paragraph and give examples
1. Define culture and shortly describe all of the components of the definition – e. g. behavior, experiences, e tc.
2. Why color blindness is not a good way to fight racism? How should we approach the issue of racial inequality and racism?
1.Culture- culture is the ideas,customs and social behaviour of a particular people or society.
* ideas- a thought or suggestions as in to a possible cource of action.
*customs- a traditional and widely accepted way of behaving or doing something that is specific to a particular society, place or time.
* social behaviour- is the behaviour among two or more organisms, typically from the same species.
2.A colour blindness approach allow us to deny uncomfortable cultural differences.however color blindness alone is not sufficient to heal racial wounds on a national or personal level.it is only a half measure.when race related problems arise,colour blindness tends to individualize conflicts and short comings.this may be the main problem.
* parents should educate their children in a positive manner.fully recognizing the multiculturalism in our society appears to be a better approach.
Get Answers For Free
Most questions answered within 1 hours.