• Part one: Identify and investigate a school or company and interview a representative
1. Discuss the interaction with your human contact.
a. Was their tone welcoming?
b. How willing were they to talk about their organization?
c. What did they tell you about the organization that you did not already know?
2. List and analyze the organization's mission statement. Cite specific components of the mission statement to support your responses to the questions below
a. How does the mission statement reveal the communication style of the organization? (High-low context communication style)
b. Does the statement indicate an individualistic or collectivistic mentality?
c. What are the core values of the organization?
3. How does power distance influence communication in this organization? Does management/authority make a point of listening to, respecting and collaborating with employees/students? Explain how you determined this.
4. Is there a culture of cooperation ("we") or competition ("!") among employees/students?
5.What is the retention rate for employees/students (percentage of a school's first time, first-year undergraduate students who continue at that school the next year or average length of employment at company)?
6.Are the employees/ students of this organization personally singled out for their accomplishments ( for example, "employee of the month" or celebration of students achievement)? If yes, how ? If not, does this matter to you?
7. Do employees/students have fun? Is creativity encouraged? Explain how you determined this.
PART ONE - Reflection:
PART TWO: CULTURE & DIVERSITY
1. As an employee/student. do you prefer a working/learning environment with an individualistic or collectivistic culture? Note that you may respond to this question with a non-binary "a little of both" approach. Explain your response.
2. What kind of experiences have you had working/learning with others whose backgrounds differ from your own? Provide a specific example. What did you learn from your experience?
3. What have you done to further your knowledge about diversity and culture? How have you demonstrated what you have learned? This question provides an opportunity to discuss your experience with Conversation Partner Program
PART TWO - Reflection:
PART THREE: SELF
1. Which characteristics of interpersonal communication competence do you possess? (pgs. 20-24 of your textbook) How do you demonstrate them? This is an opportunity to use your experience in the International Communication Partner Program as a concrete example and to discuss your observation report from Kristin's workshop.
2. What attributes, characteristics, and behaviors are you showing the world to reveal your talents?
3. What prevents, or holds you back from connecting with others or displaying your talents? You must refer to Debilitative Thinking (the 7 fallacies) in your response.
PART THREE - Reflection:
PART FOUR: ELEVATOR PITCH
Please answer all the questions. Thanks
1)a. I went to an organisation which is basically an NGO . The manager of the organisation was so kind and she welcomed me so nicely and was enthusiastic to share her thoughts about her organisation .
b.As I already said ,she was so much excited to share information about her organisation as she took this opportunity as a measure to aware about such an organisation exists .
c. She provided me a detailed explanation of waht their organisation is , how they functions it , who are the beneficiaries ,who are the funding agencies etc . Basically ,it is an NGO which helps childrens with cancer specifically the age group 5-20 years , any cancer diagnosis for their treatment , accomodation , financial educational support etc . They get their funding from the programs they organise and get funds from people's lwho are well established like actors, enterpreneurs , buisness man etc .
2) Mission :-
Enabling: Children faced with cancer and their families
Ensuring: The best possible treatment ,Social Economic support , Reintegration into society , Emotional Support
Committing: Continuity of care , to the rights of the health impaired child with cancer to a childhood, to the highest standards of health and education
Get Answers For Free
Most questions answered within 1 hours.