Evaluate data sources for community health planning, but strictly from a population viewpoint. Please include as much detail as possible when listing the sources such as what they are and their goals along with any other information that would be helpful towards a community health background. Thank you in advance and Happy Holidays.
Data sources for community health planning:
Community health refers to the health status of the members of the community, who share something in common. Usually community refers to a group of people , who resides in a particular geographical area. Community health planning refers to the act of formulating of a course of action for enhancing or promoting the community health. The major data sources that can be used in community health planning are :
* Surveys and questionnaires: One of the major source for obtaining data from the people for Community health planning are Surveys and questionnaires , which uses close - ended as well as open - ended questions to gather data , necessary for the community health planning. Surveys with familes and special population group such as elderly, pregnant women etc can give a plenty of information for the planning phase. It can reveal the informations like health behaviours , clinical care, physical environment, socio economic level etc.
* Documents : Documents are one of the best data sources, which gives informations especially regarding the mortality data and morbidity data in the community, any incidence of infectious diseases, community health events and the interventions . It helps the health or social professionals to get a clear understanding about the community health status.
* Interviews and Focus groups : Special issues and themes can be discussed and can collect information regarding the same through interviews and focus groups. For example ; a group of pregnant woman from a community , can share their views and opinions about antenatal care or antenatal services that they recieve, in a focus group interview or meeting.
* Community observation: It is an another reliable source. A Health professional can use his or her observation as a data source , also he can use it for assessing the effectiveness of previously implemented strategies and its deficiencies etc.
* Town hall meetings or public meetings : A trained facilitator can lead the meetings and should avoid the healthcare jargons and he can obtain the information and data from the general population in the community for community health planning. For example : The common problems related with safe water , sanitation or availability of fresh veggies or foods in the local market etc can be discussed in a public meeting and ask the worries and opinions of the people in the community so that the health department along with other public sectors can plan strategies for improving community health.
Get Answers For Free
Most questions answered within 1 hours.