Importance of statistics in nursing research is :
- Statistics help to choose the appropriate research
- It helps to identify the study design for research
- Helps to critically analyze results
- It provides meaning to data
Statistics apply to nursing practice in the following ways:
- Helps to find association between pattern of symptom
and specific disease.
- Helps to compare the efficacy of various treatment
- It helps to study pathophysiology of a disease.
- Helps to study prognosis of a disease.
- Helps healthcare workers to choose diagnostic test or treatment
options over another.
- Statistics are an intergral part of research.
- Statistics also helps to effects of nursing practice on the
- Statistics helps to formulate guidelines to help healthcare
workers in daily nursing practice.