Fill in the blank space
1. ..…………………………. is an indirect measure of platelet number and a more direct measure of platelet function, vascular integrity, and platelet interaction with the vascular subendothelium. A. Prothrombin time B. Activated partial thromboplastin time C. Clotting time D. Bleeding time 2. Name three causes of thrombocytopenia
3. Heparin-induced thrombocytopenia is associated with both……… and …………
4. Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (TTP) as a cause of thrombocytopenia is caused by:
5. List two other laboratory findings in TTP apart from thrombocytopenia
6. List four causes of acquired coagulation disorders
7. In the most common type of Von Willebrand disease, there is
8. The following laboratory results were obtained for a patient with an inherited autosomal dominant trait: Platelet adhesiveness – abnormal, PT – normal, APTT - normal, bleeding time – prolonged. These findings are most consistent with: A. Haemorrhagic disease of the newborn True/ False B. Factor X deficiency True/ False C. Factor XI deficiency True/ False D. Von Willebrand's disease True/ False E. Haemophilia C True/ False 9. Patients with thrombocytopenia, platelet function abnormalities, abnormal collagen and von Willebrand diseases are likely to have: A. Normal prothrombin time True/ False B. Abnormal bleeding time True/ False C. Normal bleeding time True/ False D. Normal activated partial thromboplastin time True/ False E. All of the above True/ False
10. The following are examples of qualitative disorders of platelets EXCEPT A. Bernard Soulier syndrome True/ False B. Glanzmans thrombasthenia True/ False C. Ataxia telangiectasia True/ False D. Chediak- Higashi Syndrome True/ False E. Ehlers–Danlos syndrome True/ False
11. Deficiency of Vit K has a negative effect on the coagulation factors EXCEPT for A. Prothrombin True/ False B. Factor X True/ False C. Factor V True/ False D. Factor VII True/ False E. Factor VIII True/ False
12. Activated partial thromboplastin time is prolonged in: A. Factor I deficiency True/ False B. Factor VIII deficiency True/ False C. Factor IX deficiency True/ False D. Von Willebrand disease True/ False E. Haemophilia A True/ False
13. Prothrombin time is normal in A. Thrombocytopenia True/ False B. Factor VII deficiency True/ False C. Factor VIII deficiency True/ False D. Haemophilia B True/ False E. Von Willebrand disease True/ False
14. The following are clinical manifestations or symptoms of thrombocytopenia A. Cutaneous purpura True/ False B. Haematoma True/ False C. Epistaxis True/ False D. Menorrhagia True/ False E. Haemarthroses True/ False
QUESTION 1. ________________is an indirect measure of platelet number and more direct measure of platelet function,vascular integrity,and platelet interaction with the vascular subendothelium.
ANSWER : (D) Bleeding Time
QUESTION 2. Name three causes of thrombocytopenia?
QUESTION 3. Heparin induced thrombocytopenia is associated with both ________________ and _____________
ANSWER : Heparin induced thrombocytopenia associated with both Type 1 HIT and Type 2 HIT
QUESTION 4. Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (TTP) as a cause of thrombocytopenia is caused by
ANSWER : Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura as a cause of thrombocytopenia is caused by deficiency of ADAMTS13 enzyme.
Get Answers For Free
Most questions answered within 1 hours.