QUESTION: What is the relationship of
environment and cancer ?Describe the effect of
tobacco,alcohol,radiation exposure,and diet and obesity to
Relationship of environment and cancers
- Generally cancer is caused by the change of certain genes which
alter the way of our cell functions.
- When DNA is reproduce during the process of cell division then
thses changes of genes is occurs.
- Cancer also caused by the environmental exposure which damage
the DNA.These environmental exposure include UV rays from the sun,
radiation,tobacco smoking etc.
- Radio active gas like radon which is found in many homes may
caused lung cancer.
- Contaminated water consist of arsenic which caused lung
- According to a research, it is found that almost 80% of the
cancer caused by environmental exposure.
- Cancer is caused by changes of genes and these change is due to
cancer causing substance , these substance which cause cancer is
- The well known carcinogenesis are
- In some cases carcinogens act with another carcinegens to
increase the risk of cancer.
Effect of tobacco
- Generally cigarette smoking consist of diverse carcinogens.The
most important carcinogens in tobacco are benzene, aldehyde,
ethylene oxide,aromatic amines etc.
- Environmental tobacco smoke spontaneously developed lung
adenomas and additional lung neoplasms upon carcinogen exposure
which cause cancer.
- Poision which is present in tobacco smoke is weaken the body
immune system and block the body from fighting it and very
diificult to kiil the cancer cell.
- Poision which is present in tobacco smoke may damage the cell's
Effect of Alcohol
- Breaking down ethanol to the acetaldehyde which is a toxic
chemica in alcoholic drink, probable human carcinogen.
- Acetaldehyde in alcoholic drink can damage protien and DNA in
- Drinking too much alcohol can affect the heart, body
tempreture, breathing etc.
- The drinking of alcohol may cause different types of cancer
such as Liver cancer,mouth and throat cancer,voice box cancer,
colon and rectum cancer etc.
Effect of radiation exposure
- Very high level of radiation exposure can cause acute health
effect like radiation sickness,skin burns etc.
- It can cause long term health effect like cardiovascular
disorder and cancer.
- Very high radiation exposure can cause DNA damage in cell in
the human body and it leading to serious side effect which cause
- UV ray which is coming from the sun can cause to damage the
cell of the skin and increase the risk of skin cancer.
Effect of diet and obesity
- Higher consumption of food like meat,refined crabs, overcooked
meat can increase the risk of cancer because in these foods there
are very much amount of sugar is present.
- Higher diary consumption also cause prostate cancer.
- The relation between the obesity and cancer is clear because
the excess body fat can increase the risk of cancer like
uterine,kidney cancer,esophageal cancer,pancreatic cancer etc.
- Fat cell effect processes which regulates the cell growth of
- By the fat tissue large amount of estrogen produced which is
develop the cancer cell in human beings.
- When the insulin level or insulin growth factor increase, it
may cause the devlope of the cancer cell which cause cancer in