1. Name the three receptor types for 6 bronchodilators and/or restrictive agents
2. Name at least 2 methylxanthines
3. Name at least 2 corticosteroids
4. Name 2 mucolytic and mechanism of action
1. Three types of bronchodilators are beta-agonists,anticholinergics & theophylline.Bronchodilators as tablets,liquids & shots.But the preferred way to take beta-agonists & anticholinergics is inhaling them.
2. Methylated xanthines(Methylxanthines),which include caffeine,aminophylline,IBMX,paraxanthine,pentoxifylline,theobromine and theophylline.
3.Hydrocortisone(Cortef),c ortisone,ethamethasoneb(celestone),prednisone(prednisone intensol),prednisolone(orapred,prelone),triamcinolone(Aristospan Intra-Articular,Aristospan Intralesional,Kenalog) Methylprednisolone(Medrol,Depo-Medrol,Solu-Medrol).
4. Acetylcysteine and Guaifenesin are the two mucolytics.
MECHANISM OF ACTION OF MUCOLYTICS ;-
Mucoactive agents are a class of chemical agents which aid in the clearance of mucus from the upper & lower airways including the lungs,bronchi & trachea.Mucoactive drugs include expectorants,mucolytics,mucoregulators and mucokinetics.These medications are used in the treatment of respiratory diseases that are complicated by the over secretion or inspissation of mucus.These drugs can be further categorized by their mechanism of action.
* Expectorants ;- Increase airway water or the volume of airway secretions.
* Mucolytics ;- Thin(reduce the viscosity of) the mucus.
* Mucokinetics ;- Increase transportability of mucus by cough.
* Mucoregulators ;- Suppress underlying mechanisms of mucus hypersecretion.
Get Answers For Free
Most questions answered within 1 hours.