It is defined as a systemic inter connecting of scientifically
generated evidencebwith the tacit knowledge to the expert
practitioner to achieve a change in a purticular practice for the
benefit of a well-defined client or patient group.(French 1999)
EBP IN NURSING
- It is the way of providing nursing care that is guided by the
integration of the best available scientific knowledge with nursing
- It helps nurses to critically aseess relevant scientific data
or research evidence and to impliment high quality interventions
for their nursing practice.
- It provide practicing nurse the evidence based data to deliver
- Resolve problem in clinical setting.
- Achieve excellence in care delivery.
- Reduces the variations in nursing care and assist with
efficient and effective decision making.
- Improves Transparency,accountability and
value. Evidence Based Practiceimproves the transparency of
reasoning behind policies,increase accontability by justifying
decisions on the basis of valid information that can stand upto
scrutiny,gauge uncertainty by making explicit the strength of
evidence supporting policy, and make policy decisions driven by the
best outcomes for the health care dollar.
evidence based practice in future role as an emerging leader in
- It provide better information to the practitioner
- Enable consistency care
- Better patient outcome
- Provide client focused care
- Structured process
- Increases confidence in decision making
- Generalize information
- Contribute to science of nursing
- Provide guidelines for further research
- Helps nurses to provide high quality patient care
- Making sure that each patient gets the best possible
- Update knowledge and is essential for lifelong learning
- Provide clinical judgement
- Improvement care provided and save lives.