Dietary habits have a great impact on the psychosocial
development of any individual. It is also said that only a sound
body can create a sound mind.
Analyze your own dietary habits.
Following a healthy lifestyle can be overwhelming.but analysing
them can make it easier to follow it.
It important to list these items down
- The time you wake up
- Do you eat something before breakfast?
- What do you have for breakfast?
- Do you take coffee or juice with breakfast?
- Note down approximately how much calories you consume for
- How much do you eat ?
- How do you cook it ? (Deep fried or grilled etc.)
- Any physical activity before lunch
- What is for lunch
- What is for dinner
Are there any areas in which you need to
There are certain areas I need to improve some of them
- Style of cooking- rather than frying chicken for breakfast I
think it would be a good idea if I grill it in my oven ,it helps to
get rid off excess fat that I consume when I eat.
- Quit salty snacks - I need to cut down eating unwanted carbs
and non saturated fat that is harmful to my health.
- I can replace potato chips with boiled potatoes or steam cooked
potatoes. It can drastically reduce overconsumption of salt and
What advise would you give to anyone struggling to
maintain healthy eating habits.
- Help them identify why is important to live healthy
- Listen to them - it may sound obvious but do listen,use your
own suggestions and motivate wherever required
- Offer an incentive- motivate them to achieve a target like
reduce the waist size to certain level can be rewarded by a small
incentive,it can motivate them
- Don't put force or be a perfectionist- change can slowly and it
- Encourage them to get a gym membership- if they do they go at
times and that can make a difference. You can sign them up in your
own gym and take them along.
- Be a workout/meal buddy - do eat with them and also workout