The factors that trigger the attack of COPD include, (American lung association, 2020):
· Exposure to pollution in the air
· Second hand inhalation of the smoke.
· Exposure to chemicals, dust and fumes.
· Genetic predisposition due to Alpha-1 deficiency.
· Childhood history infections of the respiratory tract
2. Some non-pharmacologic measures we can teach for the client to manage COPD include:
Giving up on smoking’
Eat right i.e. eating in small portions a balanced diet and exercising
Taking adequate rest
Make efforts to avoid infections
Learning techniques to bring up mucus
Get Answers For Free
Most questions answered within 1 hours.