Types of clutch
1. Friction clutch
1. Single plate clutch
2. Multiplate clutch
3. Cone clutch
2. Centrifugal Clutch
3. Semi-centrifugal clutch
4. Conical spring clutch or Diaphragm clutch
1. Tapered finger type
2. Crown spring type
5. Positive clutch
1. Dog clutch
2. Spline Clutch
6. Hydraulic clutch
7. Electromagnetic clutch
8. Vacuum clutch
9. Overrunning clutch or freewheel unit
Parts of Cone Clutch
1. Female Cone
2. Male Cone
6. Clutch Shaft
7. Friction Lining
1) Normal force acting on contact surface is greater than the
2) Higher torque can be transferred than the same size of plate clutch due to large amount of frictional force involved.
3) It creates less noise than plate clutch.
4) Less wear and tear as compared to displacement clutch.
1) Cone clutches are used in heavy vehicles as they can transmit
2) Cone clutches are used is racing boats.
3) Cone clutch is also used in extreme off-road vehicles.
4) It is also used in low peripheral speed applications.
5) It is also used as a synchronizer in various manual transmissions.
Get Answers For Free
Most questions answered within 1 hours.