For each case below, list the assumptions that are applicable. Indicate which of (a) continuity equation, (b) Euler’s equation, (c) Bernoulli’s equation, (d) energy equation, (e) isentropic relations, and/or (f) equation of state would be most appropriate to use to find the discharge velocity (more than one may apply). Defend your choice(s) by explaining how each equation fits the assumptions stated and how each would be used to solve the problem. Only include the information requested—do not attempt to solve the problems!
(1) Constant density; inviscid flow; thermally insulated nozzle; low velocity throughout.
(2) Heat transfer; viscous flow; temperature known; inlet and outlet areas known.
(3) Inviscid flow; thermally insulated nozzle; inlet and outlet areas known.
(4) Viscous flow; inlet and outlet areas known; outlet temperature known.
(5) Known varying density; heat transfer; inviscid flow.
Get Answers For Free
Most questions answered within 1 hours.