Water at 15°C enters a tube of 2 cm of diameter with flow rate 3953 kg/h. Assume the ratio L/D>10, and the wall temperature is constant at 80-C. The outlet temperature is 50°C The properties of water at the film temperature are density rho = p = 985 kg/m3, specific heat Cp = 4180 J/kgk, conductivity k = 0.651 W/mK, dynamic viscosity mu= u = 4.71 × 10- kg/ms, At the wall temperature of 80°C we have dynamic viscosity muw= Hw = 3.55 x 10-*kg/ms
1. Calculate the average velocity, U
2. Calculate Reynolds number Rep
3. Determine the flow regime
4. Calculate Prandti number Pr Calculate the rate of heat transfer, q
5. Calculate the mean temperature Tm 5.
6. Calculate Nusselt number Nup
7. Calculate convection heat transfer coefficient h
9. Calculate the length of the tube L
10. Calculate the ratio L/D
Get Answers For Free
Most questions answered within 1 hours.