You are the CFO of a company called Wonderland Enterprises. the
firm’s headquarters (where all the records are kept) have recently
been destroyed by fire. So, your task is to recreate the cash flow
statement for the year that has just ended.
• The firm originally had $10,200 in the bank at the end of the prior year (i.e., beginning cash), and its net working capital accounts, except cash, remained constant during the year.
• The company earned $27,500 in net income during the year and but only paid $5,800 in dividends to its common shareholders.
• During the year, Wonderland Enterprises had sold $11,200 worth of machinery and $22,600 worth of land, which are no longer needed in the firm’s operations.
• You have just been spoken to the firm’s accountants and learnt that the annual depreciation expense for the year is $3,400.
• Finally, you have discovered that the firm has obtained a bank loan from the Emirates Islamic Bank for the amount of $7,300.
• To answer the questions that follow, place your responses in the templates provided below.
a. Calculate the company’s cash flow from operating activities for the year.
b. Determine the company’s cash flow from investing activities for the year.
c. Find the company’s cash flow from financing activities for the year.
d. Estimate the firm’s cash balance at the end of the year.
Get Answers For Free
Most questions answered within 1 hours.