1. If you deposit $1600 into an account paying 8% compounded monthly, how much will you have in 4 years?
2. if you deposit $1600 in an account paying 8% today and deposit $1600 every year into the account, how much will you have in 4 years?
3. The average price for a new car today is $29000. If the rate of inflation is expected to be 3.5% annually, what will a new car cost in 7 years?
4. You bought a stock 7 years ago for $45. Today, the stock is selling for $79. if you sell today, what rate of return have you earned on the stock?
5. How long would it take for a deposit of $1200 to become $16000 if you can earn 9.5% on your money?
6. A risk- free investment promises to pay you $650 every 6 months for the next 11 years. If you can earn 9.5% on your money, how much would you be willing to pay for the investment?
Amount accumulated after 4 years can be computed with help of below formula-
A = Future amount (ending amount)
P = Initial amount
R = rate of interest
n = no. of compounding
t = No. of years.
P = $1600
R = 8 %
n = 12 (as monthly compounded)
t = 4 years
A = 1600 * 1.37566612229868
A = 2201.065796
Amount accumulated after 4 years = $2201.07 $ (approx)
Hope it helps!
Get Answers For Free
Most questions answered within 1 hours.