1. A mechanism by which other modules, such as I/O and memory,
may interrupt the normal sequencing of the
processor is called (A) Communication (B) Trap (C) Interrupt (D) I/O (E) None of the above
2. A mode of operation that provides for the interleaved execution of two or more computer programs by a single
processor is called (A) Interrupt (B) Multi-programming (C) Multi-tasking (D) Multi-threading (E) None of the
3. Which of the following is a memory location in virtual memory? That location is on disk and at some times in
main memory. (A) Virtual address (B) Real address (C) IO space (D) Virtual IO (E) None of the above
4. A large kernel containing virtually the complete operating system, including scheduling, file system, device
drivers, and memory management is called (A) Macrokernel (B) Microkernel (C) Embedded kernel (D)
Monolithic kernel (E) None of the above
5. When an executing process is interrupted by the processor so that another process can be executed is called
Process (A) Termination (B) Preemption (C) Swapping (D) Rotation (E) None of the above
6. A mechanism that relates to an error or exception condition generated within the currently running process,
such as an illegal file access attempt, is called (A) Interrupt (B) Trap (C) Swapping (D) Pre-emption (E) None
of the above
7. Which of the following statement regarding interrupt is incorrect? (A) If no interrupts are pending, the
processor proceeds to the next fetch stage. (B) Interrupt usually involves some overhead. (C) In handling
multiple interrupts, the processor cannot disable other interrupts while an interrupt is being processed. (D)
When the processor transfers control to the interrupt service routine, it needs to save the Program Status Word
and the location of next instruction to be executed. (E) None of the above.
1) answer is INTERRUPT Option c.because when interrupt is given it stops the normal sequence of functioning in I/O devices,memory..etc.
2) answer is MULTI-TASKING Option c.it means that the two or more programs are executed one by one by a single processor only and it can share the common processing resources like cpu,memory.
3) answer is VIRTUAL ADDRESS Option a.this can be defined as the space can be created to store the virtual memory allocations.it mentions that what it will be located.
4) answer is MONOLITHIC KERNEL Option d.kernel designs are divided based on how they manage the system calls and resources what they have.so out of these monolithic kernel can runs all operating system instructions in same address space for speed,and it also have device drivers and memory management also.
Get Answers For Free
Most questions answered within 1 hours.