please I want new answer Do not copy from anyone here
Six Sigma Implementations – Business Wiki
Six Sigma is a common quality management practice used to help businesses improve their current processes, products or services by detecting the defects and find ways to eliminate them. Many successful examples by well-known companies demonstrated this methodology`s efficiency such as in Motorola, Amazon, General Electric…..etc.
In practice, these companies use one of two paths to implement six sigma: DMAIC, which contains five phases ( Define , Measure , Analyze , Improve , Control ) , and DMADV which includes ( Define , Measure , Analyze , Design , Verify ). The first path is covered in details by our course materials.
In this assignment, suppose that you are working at a company as Quality Records Investigator. In order to improve a current process, product or service, you were asked by the manager to create a plan using six-sigma methodology specifically (DMAIC).
To work on this assignment, choose a product or service, or process that you think it needs to be improved. Create a wiki and Share the following with your instructor & classmates:
1. Define Stage : Product or Service Information: ( 1 point )
• Choose either product, service, or process to improve.
• Define the project scope, two objectives, and the duration.
• Identify the project`s team (key stakeholders).
2. Measure stage: ( 1 point)
• Use a process flowchart to identify the current process for your choice ( Inputs , action , outputs)
• Choose a measurement for your analysis (Nominal, Ordinal, Interval, Ratio).
3. Analyze stage : (1 point)
Based on your process flowchart and your desired outcomes, Define the Sources of Process Variation. (Causes of problem, or non-value processes)
4. Improve stage :( 1 point )
• Present no more than two conditions that have to be exited to work your desired plan.
5. Control stage :( 1 point )
• Identify two tangible & intangible measurements that the company can use to evaluate their performance after the improvement.
• In which way the company can help their employees to embrace the new changes (training, reward system ...)
Get Answers For Free
Most questions answered within 1 hours.