1. By convention, how are configuration files separated from regular files? (NOTE: A practical effect of the separation is that they are not displayed by the default version of the ls command)
a. the prefix "rc" (rc.filename) c. the extension .cfig
b. a dot (.) at the beginning d. by having the SUID bit set
2. The IP address which is reserved for local loopback (equivalent to "localhost") is:
a. 255.255.255.0 c. 192.168.70.1
b. 127.0.0.1 d. 22.214.171.124
3. Which of these commands is used as a basic test of the network connection to another machine?
a. testroute c. ethereal
b. findhost d. ping
4. Which of these terms refers to those processes which run in the background waiting for work? (NOTE: They frequently are used to respond to network requests.)
a. daemons c. waiters
b. imps d. scripts
5. Which of these commands provides basic information about a machines network interface(s)?
a. netconfig c. catnet
b. setconfig d. ifconfig
6. What is the common name of the protocol which identifies computers using 128-bit addresses, and which soon may replace the existing Internet Protocol?
a. IP-128 c. IPv6
b. DHCP d. XMLIP
7. Which command allows you to cancel a job which has been scheduled for a future time?
a. cancel c. kill
b. unset d. atrm
8. If you were logged in as a user named flashgordon, which of these commands would return you to your home directory? (NOTE: You may assume that the user's home directory resides within the /home system directory for this question.)
a. cd c. cd ~
b. cd /home/flashgordon d. all of the above
9. When a device is formatted to use the extended-x (2 or 3 or 4) filesystem, a directory is created at the top of that filesystem. What is the name of that directory?
a. lost+found c. A:
b. C: d. floppy
10. Which of these commands will display information about currently-mounted filesystems?
a. mke2fs c. df
b. umount d. all of the above
11. Which of these options to the tar command allows the user to specify the name of the output file?
a. --name c. -f
b. -n d. --output
12. Which of these commands will display the contents of a compressed file without forcing the user to first save an uncompressed copy to disk?
a. zcat c. gzip --display
b. catzip d. less -z
13. Which of these algorithms is an example of "lossy" compression?
a. zip c. JPEG
b. gzip d. tar
14. What information is displayed by the command man 5 fstab?
a. the first five lines of the man page on the fstab command
b. information about both the 5 command and the fstab command
c. information about the file named fstab
d. information about version 5 of the fstab command
15. Which of these commands will create an archive of the home directory of a user named dalearden?
a. tar -xvf darden.tar /home/dalearden
b. tar -xvf /darden.tar
c. tar -cvf darden.tar /home/dalearden
d. tar -uvf /home/dalearden darden.tar
16. Which of these options to the ls command will give the inode number assigned to a file?
a. --physical c. --grid
b. -g d. -i
17. Which directory contains default configuration files to be copied into the home directory of a new user?
a. /etc/defaultuser c. /etc/skel
b. /home/default d. /usr/def.conf
18. Which of these commands allows you to schedule a job for a specific time in the future?
a. at c. schedule
b. batch d. onetime
19. Which of these Open/LibreOffice applications is used to format the display of mathematical equations (as opposed to calculating the results)?
a. Impress c. Calc
b. Math d. Equate
20. Which of these commands is commonly used to show the contents of a single environment variable?
a.showvar c. display
b. echo d. environ
21. Write a command which will unmount a CD located in the device /dev/cdrom, formatted with the ISO-9660 filesystem, located at the mount point /media/cdrom.
22. Write a UNIX command which will re-direct a long listing of the /etc directory into a file named directory.txt (located in your current working directory).
23. Write a command which will back up the contents of /home/princessaura into a file named paura.tar.
24. Write a command which will compress the archive created in the previous question.
25. Write a piped command sequence which will display a long directory listing of the /etc directory on your screen one page at a time.
26. Describe the permissions assigned by the command chmod 600 file.txt.
27. What combination of Layer 3 and Layer 4 protocols is used to facilitate communication over the Internet.
28. What command would you use to remove job number 5 from your default print queue?
29. What is the absolute pathname of the file which defines aliases available to ALL users?
30. View the environment variables on your system. Name the one which identifies the version of BASH you are using.
1) .Cfig is used to seperate the configuration files from regular files.
2). the ip address that is reserved for local loopback is 127.0.0.1. it is the loopback address in ipv4 protocol.
3).Ping is the command that is used to test one network device with the another network device.
4).Daemons refer to those processes which run in the background waiting for work.
5). ifconfig command provides the information about the network interfaces.
6). IPV6 is 128 bit addressing protocol.
Get Answers For Free
Most questions answered within 1 hours.