List a few of the major applications of the products resulting from the Solvay process and the chlor-alkali process.
Applications of products of Solvay process(Ammonia-soda process):
1) now a days it is the major process for the production of sodium carbonate (Soda ash)
2) sodium carbonate prepared from this process used to soften water in industries ( precipitates Mg2+ and Ca2+ carbonates)
3) more than half the production of sodium carbonate is used to make glass.
4) sodium carbonate is used as a common alkali in chemical industries.
5) sodium carbonate is used in making sodium bicarbonate (NaHCO3)
Applications of products of Chlor-alkali process :
1) this is an industrial technology used to produce chlorine and sodium hydroxide (caustic soda)
2) sodium hydroxide used as common alkali in industries.
3) used in manufacture of soaps and detergent industries.
and so on...
Get Answers For Free
Most questions answered within 1 hours.