3. Determine the pH of a buffer that contains 0.5 mole HOCl and 0.5 mole NaOCl in a total volume of 1.0 L. The Ka of HOCl is 3.5 x 10^-8.
4. Write a net ionic Equation for what happens when NaOH is added into the solution in number 3.
5. Determine the pH when 0.1 mole NaOH is added to the solution in number 3. Assume the total volume does not change.
6. Determine the pH when 0.1 mole NaOH is added to 1.0 L of water
7. Did adding NaOH to the HOCl and NaOCl solution behave
differently than adding NaOH to water? briefly explain.
Get Answers For Free
Most questions answered within 1 hours.