Select all that apply. Which of the following play a role in lining chromosomes up at the metaphase plate and/or then moving sister chromatids to opposite ends of the cell during mitosis?
the spindle apparatus
dynein and kinesin
- Small disc shaped structure at the surface be of centromere is called kinetochore. These structures serve as the site for attachment of spindle fibres.
- centrosome contains two centriole , arranged perpendicular to each other. Here the spindle fibres formation occurs. There are two centrosome , one at opposite pole.
- The spindle apparatus includes spindle microtubules, associated proteins which includes dynein and kinesin molecular motor, and condensed chromosome.
- the microtubules which has been attached to the kinetochore is called the kinetochore microtubules.
- All the given option above play a role in lining chromosome up at the metaphase plate and then moving sister chromatid to opposite ends of the cell during mitosis.
Hope you got your answer, thanks
Get Answers For Free
Most questions answered within 1 hours.