What is clonal expansion? How is it related to adaptive immunity?
What aspect of the immune system is exploited by a vaccine?
What is thyroxine? What does iodine have to do with its synthesis?
1) Clonal expansion : it is the chraractics of adaptive immunity. A small number of precursor cells which identifies a specific antigen proliferate into clones and forms effector and memory phenotype which excels effective immune system.
2) by clonal expansion adaptive immune system gets its specificity to react against specific antigen.
3) vaccines are live attenuated agents that activates antigen presenting cells, generation by B and T memory cells, and intrun gives acquired immune respone.
4) thyroxine is a hormone secreted from thyroid gland. It is also known as T4 hormone. It's active form is triiodothyronine.
5) thyroid cells absorbs iodine. In presence of amino acid tyrosine, iodine produces T4 or thyroxine. It is mainly produced in liver .
Get Answers For Free
Most questions answered within 1 hours.