4) Based on the following tRNA anticodon sequenes, please indicate their corresponding mRNA codons as well as amino acids they translate in to (16.5 pts).
5) In order for the viruses to escape extinction, they have to keep evolving. Two different bacteriophages that infect two different bacteria had critical mutations. One mutation is at the OR2 region while the other one is at OL2.
A) What will happen when the mutation is at OR region and the bacteria is in a poor environmental condition? (7 pts)
B) What will happen when the mutation is at OL region and the bacteria is in a poor environmental condition? (7 pts)
6) How is the lac operon regulated if the bacteria is put into an environment where there is excess amount of lactose and glucose at the same time. (10 pts)
7) From the previous question, how would the outcome change if the glucose and lactose amounts are very low? (10 pts)
8) Where would the lac repressor be bound in E. Coli bacteria that is growing in low glucose and high lactose? (7pts)
Get Answers For Free
Most questions answered within 1 hours.